Ever since I started baking, Banana Walnut muffin has been my all time favourite. The very first time I walked in to Starbucks.. banana walnut bread was the first thing I ever had ( i detest drinking coffee :P )
So there it was! Prior to making banana walnut muffins, I had tried Banana walnut bread a couple of times and when I was pretty confident of the consistency I decided to make Banana walnut muffin :) It tastes divine:) They were consumed, minutes after the picture was taken :)
|All purpose flour/ maida
||1 ½ cups
|Banana (big, ripe)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/ 170 C.
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to ensure even mixing and keep aside.
3. Mash the bananas into a smooth paste, add the vanilla extract keep aside. In a microwaveable bowl melt butter slightly until its soft.
4. Now add the melted butter, eggs and sugar to the mashed bananas and whisk them until they form a thick mixture ( at this point the batter may seem a little curdled, but don't you worry, it's bound to happen)
5. Pour the mixture into the sieved flour bowl and mix them well with a spatula. Fold in the chopped walnuts and mix until everything gets incorporated.
6. Take a muffin pan and line them with paper muffin cups and spoon in the batter one by one until the cups are 3/4 full.
7. Sprinkle chopped walnuts over it and bake for 30 minutes until its golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Instead of egg you could use yogurt or the egg re-placer.
- Instead of butter you could use oil as a substitute for it.
- Each oven may differ from the other, so keep a vigilant eye on the muffins after 25 minutes.
Labels: baking, banana, bread, muffin, snacks, walnut