Paneer Mutter Masala is a spicy gravy cooked in tomato and onion puree along with fresh spices. Its distinct taste is something that will leave you craving for more. The soft and creamy texture of this gravy mixed with Paneer or Indian cottage cheese is a heavenly delight :) I had this with homemade Naan. You might wanna try it too :)
To fry and grind into a paste
| Garlic (optional)||1 pod|
|Frozen peas, thawed||1 cup|
|Garam masala||1 tsp|
|Chilli Powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1 tsp|
|Dhaniya powder||1 tsp|
1. Heat oil on a medium flame and add cinnamon,elachi,cloves,pepper and jeera,after jeera splutters,add onion and saute till they're transparent, then add tomato and fry until they're mushy.Add Chilli, dhaniya, garam masala and turmeric powder
2. Cool the mixture and grind them to a smooth paste.
3.Meanwhile,add oil to a skillet and shallow fry the paneer until golden brown,(alternatively, you could also boil them if you don't want to fry it.)
4. Again heat oil in a pan, add chilli, garlic and saute for a minute. Then add the ground paste, boil until the raw smell disappears. Mix in the fried paneer and thawed green peas.
5. Bring it to a light boil and turn off the stove. Transfer the contents to a serving bowl and enjoy hot with roti/ paratha/ naan.
- You could try the same thing with capsicum and green peas. It tastes great.
- Do not over fry the masala, make sure you do everything on medium flame, else it may change the taste.
Labels: accompaniment, north Indian, paneer, paneer mutter masala