THAI BASIL FRIED RICE




There are some things that life offers you with utmost love and food is one among them :) Cant thank the Goddess of Food for, she bestows with every morsel with love to  mortals like us ( Ahh enough of my heightened state of spirituality :P ). I stumbled upon Pure Thai Indulgence! and since then my tryst with Thai food is inseparable! A Thai  restaurant called 'Lime Leaf'  left me spellbound here in Jax. The zesty concoction of herbs and spices only made me drool over the plate just as it arrived my table :) the aroma of every little ingredient that was added to it was as divine as it could ever get :) and when I was able to accomplish the same at my kitchen, what do I say? :)  I was wallowing in ecstasy! :)




Ingredients
Basmati rice, cooked 2 cups
Red, yellow, green & orange pepper, julienned ½ each
Onion, finely sliced 1 big
Carrot, julienned 1
Fresh basil leaves A small bunch
Jalapeno pepper or green chilli 2
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Baby corn tin (boil if using fresh) 10 to 12 slices
Green peas, frozen and thawed ½ cup
Soy Sauce ¼ tsp
Red & green Chilli sauce 1 tbsp
Sriracha Sambal Oelek paste ( See note) 1 tbsp
Oil 3 tbsp
Spring onions 1 bunch
Salt As needed

Directions


1. Heat oil in a  wok pan, add onions saute till transparent. Add jalapeno peppers and ginger garlic paste, saute for another minute. 





2. Add the red, yellow and green and orange pepper, carrot and saute until they become tender.




3. Now stir in soy sauce and then add Sambal oelek paste, red and green chilli sauce, basil leaves and toss until the flavours blend in together. 




4. Add the cooked rice, salt, baby corn and thawed green peas, spring onions and mix well. 






5. Garnish it with some spring onions and enjoy it hot with your favourite starter. 




Note

Labels: , , ,