Ok first things first! Sorry for the delayed post this week! Was down with fever and cold! and that's the reason why this post is synonymous with it! ;) Yes! Tomato and Basil soup comes as a refreshing change with the intoxicating fragrance of Basil in all its glory! And what a perfect addition to the soup!
Did you know Basil belongs to the indigenous TULSI family and has medicinal properties?
It is a powerful anti-oxidant that prevents aging and acts as an excellent immune booster!
It can also provide immediate relief from the gas in your stomach and intestines, treat constipation, stomach cramps, indigestion and flatulence. Limitless are its benefits! Protecting skin and hair as well as preventing cancer! :)
Basil is known as Kama Kasturi in Kannada and is usually used during festivals and special ocasions for pooja purposes.
Aren't these reasons enough to incorporate Basil as a part of cooking? :) Plus the soup is done in minutes! Doesn't even require to strain that little nerve in you! ;)
1. Pressure cook Tomato, basil, cinnamon, onion, cloves, eilichi and bay leaf for 3 whistles and allow it to cool.
||3 to 4
2. Take out the cinnamon, clove, bay leaf and eilichi. Retain the broth and grind the rest of them in a blender.
3. Strain the ground paste into a sauce pan and add the broth ( make sure you don't add all of it, else it would turn watery), and boil it.
4. Add pepper, salt, sugar and fresh cream, mix well. Serve hot with a tint of Parmesan cheese or croutons.
- If you're adding croutons, make sure you consume it within minutes, else it becomes gooey and affects the flavour of the soup.
Labels: basil, soup, tomato, tomato basil soup