DATE- HONEY MILKSHAKE | KHAJOOR MILKSHAKE



It's been a while since I posted a recipe of a drink, so I thought it's high time I post something. Well, it's burning hot and humid in FL and is horribly sultry as it can get! Summer's here in all it's glory at part of the world as everyone knows it. So long and sunny days are ever so more a part of our routine. Well, technically I must be posting more 'summer-thirst quenching' drinks but I haven't, cuz I can't resist myself from not drinking the juice that I make.. I try hard not to sip it up but , the thirst is so bad that I procrastinate the post saying 'next time' :P 

Anyway, sunny mornings can be a bane to have breakfast and the fussy me who hates breaking my fast found this to be my last resort! These days even Aru hates eating the same old cereals, granola bars and bagels.. n he insisted that I try making a power packed drink for breakfast as it not only keeps him COOL :P but also satiates his hunger. Plus the benefits of dates are aplenty and makes for a filling breakfast. 

I'd like to mention some  of the health benefits of dates just so you know how robust it can make us :) 

Dates are known to be excellent source of Iron, potassium and calcium. 
They are an excellent source of fiber hence cures chronic constipation and indigestion. 
They are also a great detoxifying source.
Dates help regulate the menstrual cycle.
Some more health benefits in the link below- 
http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/health-benefits-of-dates.htm

Important Note- People with diabetes are advised to consult your doctor before consuming dates.

It's a very simple recipe and requires only 10 minutes to prepare the entire thing. 
This recipe serves 2 people

Here we go.. with our healthy dates shake :)



Ingredients
Dates, Pitted/ dry 10
Water 3 tbsp
Milk 1 cup
Badam Powder- MTR, optional 1 tsp
Honey/sugar 3 tbsp
Directions


1. In a saucepan, boil water and add the dates. Heat until the dates turn mushy and soft. turn off the stove and allow it to cool.

2. Transfer the mixture along with the water to a blender and add sugar/honey , badam powder. Blend the entire thing until the dates are ground and mixes well with the milk.
transfer it to a serving glass and enjoy it chilled. 




Note


Labels: , , , , , ,