ಮುಂಜಾವಿನ ಚುಮು ಚುಮು ಚಳಿ ಇರಲಿ..
ಮಧ್ಯಾನದ ಉರಿ ಬಿಸಿಲಿರಲಿ ..
ಮುಸ್ಸಂಜೆಯ ತಂಪಿರಲಿ ..
ಕಷಾಯದ ಇಂಪು ಸದಾ ನಿಮ್ಮ ತನು ಮನವನ್ನು ನವಿರೆರಿಸುತ್ತೈರಲಿ :)
The much awaited Kashaya is finally here!! Well, the procedure is actually nothing but a cake walk! but it's sure to comfort your throat, cough and cold better than any other expectorant :) As mentioned in my earlier post you are free to add Hippali, Jeshta Madhu and dry ginger powder but since it's availability is limited and exorbitant across geographical barriers I refrained myself from adding them. So here's your cup of comforting 'Kashaya' :)
Serves- 2 glasses
Shelf life- 1/2 an hour
1. Boil water in a saucepan and add the Kashaya powder, boil for yet another minute and add milk. Now simmer the flame and add jaggery. Give it a stir until it dissolves.
2. Add a pinch of turmeric and give it another stir and boil. Strain the mixture and transfer it to a glass and add a strand or 2 of saffron. Drink while it's hot that's when it actually has an effect on your sore throat.
- After adding turmeric powder you can add dry ginger powder as it gives a 'kadak' taste! :)
- If you have phlegm and cough it is better to avoid adding milk and have the watery concoction itself as it relieves phlegm easily.
- A teaspoon of sugar can be substituted with jaggery but it's always better to use jaggery itself.
Labels: herbal drink, how to make kashaya, karnataka, kashaya, medicinal drink