MASALA PURI | EASY CHAT RECIPES


I so wanted to try this for a long time now, and finally I did get to try it and it turned out to be so yum! Where on earth would I find Masala puri in US of all? like I do back in the lanes and carts of namma Bengalooru?  A lady with a cart behind my college would sell these delectable stuff back in Bengalooru. Delectable is just not the word to describe it! I couldn help drooling thinking of it :P So I made it only to devour on it :) Its so darn easy! I never knew it was as easy as fish taking to water! here you go.. 



Ingredients
To Temper and grind into a paste
Directions
Dry roast the ingredients under to temper and grind table, except coconut, red chilli powder and coriander leaves.
IMG_2838
Combine all of them in a blender and grind them to a fine paste.
IMG_2856
IMG_2861
Pressure cook toor dal until soft ( 2-3 whistles) and whisk it roughly.
IMG_2858
Add salt and add the ground paste to it. Add the peas and give it a stir. Simmer it under medium heat.
IMG_2868
Crush the puris and arrange them on a plate, pour the gravy, sprinkle green and sweet chutney, sprinkle grated carrot, onion and sev. Garnish with Coriander leaves. That's it! Ain't it simple? Enjoy while its hot!
IMG_2884
IMG_2889
IMG_2903
Note
While dry roasting the ingredients, make sure they are done on medium flame, jeera and dhaniya gets bitter if  you over do them, which would in turn make the gravy bitter.
Using dry peas is usually recommended, but the taste doesn't make any difference if you add frozen peas.

Labels: ,